Mobicon aims to be an inclusive event for all. Mobicon is committed to ensuring a welcoming, safe, and respectful environment reflecting the diverse interests of our membership. We are committed to providing an inclusive environment for all, regardless of gender, age, gender identity, race, national origin, relationship status, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, religion, and political affiliation. We believe that all people must be treated with respect and dignity.
Mobicon does not tolerate harassment of any kind. Harassment is any physical or verbal behavior that alarms, threatens, or annoys any person. This includes unwanted physical contact, stalking, taking pictures without permission, threats of bodily harm, failure to respect another person’s privacy, agency, or personal space, etc. If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact a member of staff immediately.
Friday, May 27, 2022: 12:00pm – 12:30am
Saturday, May 28, 2022: 9:30am – 12:00am
Sunday, May 29, 2022: 9:30am – 5:00pm
Vendor Hall/ Exhibitor’s Hours:
Friday, May 27, 2022: 12:00pm – 7:30pm
Saturday, May 28, 2022: 9:30am – 7:00pm
Sunday, May 29, 2022: 9:30am – 5:00pm
Are there ID requirements or an age limit to enter the event?
Mobicon is a family-friendly event. All ages are welcome. Children must be accompanied by an adult throughout the event. ID is required for 18+ events
What are my parking options for the event?
Discounted overnight Self-Parking of $15/day plus tax for Mobicon Attendees is available at the Renaissance Mobile Riverview Plaza Hotel
Is my registration/ticket transferable?
Please contact us in the event you need to modify your registration.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
Please bring a printed or digital copy of your ticket when you check-in.
What is the refund policy?
No refunds. However, If you feel sick at the time of the convention, please contact us and STAY HOME. During these times, we are happy to roll your membership over to 2023 partially or fully, as the case may be.
Mobicon reserves the right to revoke Mobicon Attendee membership and eject anyone at any time from the convention without a refund.
- Animals: Only service animals are allowed into the convention space. Please refer to the ADA website for rules and regulations regarding service animals if you have further questions.
- Badges: Badges must be worn at all times. Please keep them in sight and display your badge when entering the Dealer’s Hall/ Artist Alley, Main Events, and Panel rooms. Attendees caught without a badge will be barred from entering the before-mentioned areas during convention hours. Badges can be purchased at the Registration table.
- Bare Feet: All Mobicon attendees are to wear proper footwear while attending the convention. Proper footwear consists of, shoes, boots, sandals, and slippers. Rollerblades, skates, or Heelys are not permitted.
- Body Paint: Please properly seal your body makeup and be respectful of others while wearing body paints. If a complaint is made about you leaving makeup on costumes, merchandise, or convention property you will be asked to leave and properly seal your makeup.
- Smoking/ Burning on Site: Smoking is prohibited in the convention space as per Alabama law and 25 feet from any exit or entrance. The Marriott is a smoke-free facility. Please note the designated smoking areas on the property grounds.
- Guests: Please respect the privacy of Mobicon guests. Attendees will be able to acquire autographs from guests during specified times or while they are at their table. If a guest files a complaint on you it may result in the confiscation of your badge and removal from the convention.
- Harassment and Assault: Cosplay is Not Consent. Mobicon does not tolerate harassment of any kind. Harassment is any physical or verbal behavior that alarms, threatens, or annoys any person. This includes unwanted physical contact, stalking, taking pictures without permission, threats of bodily harm, etc. Please report any harassment to event security and/or staff.
- Liability: Mobicon is not responsible for any loss, damage, theft, and/or injury. Attendees are responsible for their individual actions and any repercussions that may result. All emergency situations are to be handled by the proper authorities.
- Minors: Minors at the age of 14 and under must be accompanied by a parent or designated guardian. All guardians must be 18 and over and must register with the convention. The parent or guardian must be present at the venue at all times of the convention. Notice to parents: Mobicon requires a way to reach a legal guardian in case of an emergency. Guardians will be held responsible (legally and financially) for any damages incurred by their child or charge to the hotel and/or Mobicon property. Any criminal damages and/or activity will be met with criminal charges, as well as a permanent ban from ALL future Mobicon events. All attendees are subject to the laws and ordinances of Mobile County and the state of Alabama.
- Photography: Cameras and camcorders are allowed within the convention space. Please be courteous of guests and attendees, ask for photos, and use proper etiquette.
- Signage: Mobicon does not permit the display or wearing of signs that offer goods or services. Signs deemed to have inappropriate content will be removed from your possession. Signs cannot be hung on any surfaces as per hotel policy, please refrain from posting anything on the walls of the convention space/ hotel.
- Costumes: Mobicon reserves the right to deem a costume unacceptable and request the wearer to make modifications or change clothing. Mobicon is a family-friendly event, please dress appropriately. Use common sense when choosing your costume and a good rule of thumb is that a costume should be no less than a standard bikini swimsuit.
- Theft: Anyone caught shoplifting or thieving will be handed over to the authorities and have their badge confiscated. These individuals will be permanently banned from any future Mobicon events.
- Vending: Vending of any item or service is strictly prohibited without a vending agreement or consent by Mobicon. This includes any item available for purchase in the Artist Alley or Dealer’s Hall, and photography for profit or other services rendered.
- Weapons: All weapons must be non-working, checked by con staff, and peace bonded. It is upon the attendee to ensure their prop is inspected and approved prior to entering the convention arena! Mobicon does not allow any functional projectile weapons or projectiles of any kind. Metal weapons are strictly prohibited at Mobicon. Any permitted weapons must be checked, and peace bonded. Do not bring weapons that Mobicon staff & the police officers cannot tell are fake from approximately ten feet away. Mobicon has the right to declare any weapon inappropriate and/or dangerous. If your weapon is deemed dangerous you will be asked to remove it from the convention area. Mobicon also reserves the right to check/process any weapon before or during convention times.
Rules are subject to change. Mobicon reserves the right to change rules when and if necessary, at any time.
Notice to ALL attendees:
ALL attendees are expected to conduct themselves respectably. You will be held responsible (legally and financially) for damages incurred by you to the hotel and/or Mobicon property. Any criminal damages and/or activity will be met with criminal charges, as well as a permanent ban from ALL future Mobicon events. All attendees are subject to the laws and ordinances of Mobile County and the state of Alabama.
Photography Release: By attending our convention you understand that any photography and/or video taken during the event can and will be used under the discretion of Mobicon. This includes but is not limited to press releases, televised media, social media, etc.